One of the core values that guides our work across the Champlain LHIN is listening to feedback from patients and families.
The Champlain LHIN Complaint, Compliment, Concern process provides people a way of registering a health care complaint or concern, and feedback on what is working well related to the care they receive.
The process ensures follow-up and helps to identify potential systemic issues.
The Champlain LHIN is committed to resolving or overseeing the resolution of a complaint in a timely manner.
A review process is in place to record and ensure that reported complaints are addressed. All reported complaints will be:
- Received with courtesy and recorded accurately
- Acted upon promptly and fairly
- Confidential and protected.
Guiding Principles for Complaints Management.
Protecting Your Privacy
If you have a concern that requires us to collect your personal information and you would like us to follow up, the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and its staff may need to collect your personal information in accordance with the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If we need to collect your personal information, your written consent is required. Click here to download the consent form.
If you have any questions about this collection and use of personal information or the consent form, please contact:
- Jessica Searson
Community Engagement Coordinator
613.747.3239, or toll-free 1.866.902.5446 x 3239
1900 City Park Drive, Suite 204
Ottawa, ON K1J 1A3
If you have concerns about services provided, or to be provided, to someone else and not to you, please contact Jessica for more instructions.
There are several ways to contact the Champlain LHIN to file a complaint, compliment, or concern:
- Toll-free: 1.866.902.5446
- In person, at our office:
1900 City Park Dr, Suite 204
Ottawa, ON K1J 1A3
When filing a complaint by email, please answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the health care organization your concern involves?
- Who did you speak to at the health care organization? What did they say?
- What would resolution of this complaint look like to you?
Please also provide your:
- Permission for the Champlain LHIN to contact you regarding the specific concern.
- Understanding that the information you provided may be used by the Champlain LHIN to address your specific concern.
Note: The Champlain LHIN is not a health custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004.